Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 2!

Billie met some chickens today. I was unprepared for them to be where we were, so it did not go very smoothly. She went into 100% prey drive, lunging and searching for them. She was on a line, so I managed to prevent any contact. I'll have someone come with me (double leashed) to see how she is with them up close. Sometimes once they've met up close, the dogs just ignore the chickens. Not looking too promising with Billie though! Luckily, most people don't have 40 chickens wandering around their property, so it shouldn't affect her potential homes too much.
I got her outfitted with a nice Premier collar and also put one of my harnesses on her. I've got her out on a 30' line, and she hits the end of it sometimes, so better she's on a harness. She really doesn't know her name at all. Her breakfast should be home soon so she can have some. Right now, she's chewing a bone on the floor. I've put some more pictures up on the album. She's a very happy girl!
I also made an awful header for this blog. Please make her a better one and send it to me so she doesn't have to have my awful photoshop skills displayed on her blog!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment