Monday, January 3, 2011

A good romp..

West went out to chase archie around this morning, then I took him out to play with Ben and Gypsy. Mom came to the door, so I sent him out.

He was a bit worried about going outside without seeing who was out there, but with a tiny bit of encouragement, he went and received turkey jerky for his efforts! He did some tag/running play with Gypsy, as well as some wrestling. I got some of it on video, but it's not up yet. Soon.

Then, just as we were finishing up, the neighbour came by. He has (finally) learned to call out to us, so I can put West away. I sent him to the yard, and when I was far enough away, he came back to me.

He seemed comfortable at that distance, so I did some LAT type stuff with petting/play rewards (turkey jerky was with mom, who was next to 'scary' neighbour) and he did very well. We got to within about 25' or so before the neighbour went home. No barky explosions. Well done, Westy!

Oh, and West learned a new trick.

1 comment:

  1. Sigh! It's winter here, you know. You can't fool people with green grassy photos! Awfully good though. I think I'll carry one like that of Gyp to the trials and just paste it to the bottom contact!

    ReplyDelete