Friday, January 21, 2011

West's new hobby

First of all, thank you to those of you who did vote. As some of you already know, I'm entered in a photo contest to win some Premier toys. I need about 15 more votes to have a chance, so I'd REALLY appreciate it if you have facebook and could take a minute to vote :D
You need to like this page: Premier's Facebook Page
Then comment the word 'vote' under the picture here
Photo Link if you'd like to vote..
Thanks!! West is a bit of a toy destroyer, so I can use all the toys I can get! :)

So West has discovered a new hobby. I left him out in the yard for a minute this afternoon while I went in to get supper. I came back out and there was no West to be seen. I called him and he didn't come. Then, I heard SQUAWKING!! Apparently he's been reading about WooTwoo's adventures and decided to take on some chickens of his own!
I called him from partway down the driveway, and he came running up. I don't think he managed to hurt any of the birds, nor do I think he was even trying to. I think Archie has taught him this lovely habit. Archie goes into the chicken house to eat their feed. West didn't used to follow him down there, but recently, he's started to. As Archie enters the house, the hens flap and run (Archie just wants the carbs. sigh) and I expect West had started 'playing' with them.. At some point, he discovered he could create this great game all on his own!

It's a pretty easy fix, just means taking him down to the chickens every day for a while. I think he has the instinct to do some nice work with them too, once he figures out what I want. Silly pup. SNEAKY pup!

Sorry for the lack of photos and video lately. It's been horrible outside. Maybe I'll video another clicker session for you this weekend.

QVE9JNVWP8MK

No comments:

Post a Comment